Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Review: Obsidian


Obsidian
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Well this was the first Jennifer L. Armentrout book that i had read and this was enough to completely hook me into her style of writing. I loved this book and couldn't get enough of it.
As always (as i come to learn after reading more of her books) JA's trademark humor is ever present and makes for a very easy read.
This is the first book i have ever read on the subject of Aliens (is that the politically correct term? ;)) and i wasn't sure if i would actually like it, it's never been a subject that has gripped me not since the days of Roswell being on tv. Anyway, it didn't take long to realize these were no ordinary aliens (far from stereotypical little green men) and their story was far more engrossing.
I loved the chemistry and love/hate relationship between Daemon and Katy from the start, it was addictive and i couldn't stop reading. Putting that with subject and all the excitement going on it was fantastic. I've discovered that what i really love about JA's books in the paranormal genre, is the detail she puts in to them. The covenant series is the biggie for that but also the Lux series too. All the background and details on the luxen is fantastic and totally engrosses me.
Anyway, fantastic book and start to the series.




View all my reviews